Sunday 5 March 2017

Story of my weekend! Phew!!The drama...

Apologies for my prolonged absence. A few kind friends have reached out asking why I don't write anymore and I answered that there wasn't anything major to write about. BAM! Some drama unfolded over the weekend and I HAD to write this.

I was chatting with this person on Grindr who was an artist from Europe and is in town. We agreed to meet for coffee and met up at a mall around 5 in the evening. Had a very nice chat for about an hour and didn't know how to proceed next. A gay couple in the city was hosting him and there was no way we could go there. In the meanwhile, a friend of mine called asking if I was up for a 3some & I wasn't sure what to say. I proposed to my friend, the idea of a 4some and he was confused. He checked with his friend who was playing host that evening, only to call me back and say "He is afraid of foreigners." That was strike 1!

Not my type is fine.

I am not too sure is fine too.

A full-grown man, mid-30s saying something like "I am afraid of foreigners" is racist and wrong at several levels. And then suddenly there was a change of heart and we were asked to be there. Like idiots we went. A little bit of self-respect and we should have stayed away but then I will come to the self-respect part at the end of the post.

We reached the friend's friend's place in about 15 minutes as it wasn't too far from the mall.

By then, my friend had just arrived too. The 3 of us reached the gate of the host's apartment and guess what? Change of heart again! I was like WTF!!!! I asked me friend I need to see this man's face in person so that I would remember it for the rest of my life.

Surprise!

I was glad that we couldn't go ahead that evening with the 4some because this man came wearing streaks of holy ash on his forehead. One of those typical "My community" people, if I may say so and that's an absolute turn-off for me. I could sense that he was severely attracted to me but was genuinely not interested in my European friend. We said Hi Hello and my EU friend and I left. We headed to the beach kissing all the way in the auto. YES! We did that. NO! The auto guy didn't mind at all.

After a good hour's time in the beach, we joined his gay couple friends for dinner at a nice restaurant. And I was invited to their place which I politely declined and left. We got along pretty well though, all the 4 of us.

Now, where's the drama here? It started with a story the EU man told me at the cafe where we met.

He had come all the way from the North-East just because some guy who he hadn't even met in person had proposed to him through Facebook. #facepalm

How gullible I thought. 4 days they have lived together and things went southward after that. No wonder! He had to leave the internet-lover and live with this nice couple that were kind enough to open their house for him. I didn't think too much about it since I am nobody to judge.

The next morning, there were a couple of text messages between me and the EU man. He wanted to meet and we decided we would go to a spa. But, I mentioned to him the rates and he was sort of flabbergasted and we killed the idea. We decided to go to a few temples in Mylapore and I was as usual late by an hour to meet him at the Mylapore station. He was pissed but was OK in 5 minutes. :)

We went to a few temples and then had a meal at the Saravana Bhavan - so not me! so not me!! But he was too much in love with the typical Indian culture that for posterity sake, that experience had to be had. Then we headed to the A2B near the tank to buy some sweets. Then started the big drama.

Our man had forgotten to carry his jacket from the internet-lover's place while storming out. His flat key(Delhi, where he currently lives) is inside the jacket. He lives in a friend's apartment in Delhi and he HAD TO get the keys somehow.

While I was waiting at the counter to get the sweets packed, our man was loudly screaming on the phone. Enough to cause me embarrassment!

I had to tell him, can we finish this first and then go to that? Then I heard this jacket story.

The internet-lover was using the situation to get back at him and has been playing hide and seek with this man for the jacket since morning. "Come at 9 am" "Oh! No..I am busy. Come at 4". Our man couldn't prioritise and had told me 5:30 pm meeting. So couldn't go at 4 pm. That escalated quickly.

Now, we were at the Mylapore MRTS station where we had a talk that we probably shouldn't have done.

I am basically allergic to any kind of drama. That's one reason I have chosen to remain single(YES! BY CHOICE). And he was showing me the abusive messages our inter-loving-asshole had sent him about how kind and nice he was to tweak his "schedule" so that this man could go and take his jacket. I mentioned to our EU man, this is why I never stayed with anybody and chose to live in a hotel. He snapped "You're RICH!". I was like WHATTTTT???

Then I had to explain to him that it's not about rich or poor but some people value their independence and do not like to depend on others for anything. Our man snapped at me again saying that's why I hadn't seen much of the world at which point i lost it. I am 28 and I have seen 7 countries so fat in the last 5 years hailing from a normal middle class background. I work my ass off to make the money I need to travel the world which is my dream. I have domestic shit to deal with too although I am single. I have 2 dependants who I need to take care of and despite that I am proud of what I have been able to do in life, with my life and without having to be a parasite. I stopped there and there was stone-cold silence in the train.

Our man had the nerve to ask me if I would go with him to the internet-lover's place for support to collect the jacket. I refused but then after we reached Velachery MRTS, I changed my mind because I didn't want him to get lost. In the meanwhile, the internet-lover had blocked the EU man's phone and he used my phone to call him. He unceremoniously blocked my number too. I understood the gravity of the drama & wanted to flee as soon as I could.

I dropped him at the street corner and left.

10 mins later the EU man texts me he's done and was on his way home.

The internet-lover called me 43 times and I didn't pickup.

Looks like he was at the peak of depression and he assumed I was one of the persons in the gay couple that hosted the EU man. 44th time I picked but didn't say anything.

"Hello! Whoever you are, Nitin(name changed) or anyone..... The foreigner who you are hosting tried to murder me and I have launched a complaint with the police. (YES HE SAID LAUNCHED AS IF IT WAS A SATELLITE OR HIS PENIS)You are going to pay for his sins and the police will come to your place tomorrow. Be ready."

I couldn't help bursting out laughing and disconnected the call.

He flooded me with a flurry of Whatsapp messages.

After a while I called him back to give a piece of my mind. Asked him some basic questions like "Why would the police give me lead time for a night to flee the city?" He started giving gaalis in Hindi.

I also texted the EU man "It was nice meeting you yesterday but today wasn't all that good. Good bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment